Thursday, October 30, 2008

The choice I had to make


I am not a natural office lady. I have worked in an office. I had a company car, medical aid, cell phone, you name it but I was still very unhappy. If I decide to leave my job, I would say goodbye to all the benefits and this would require a huge sacrifice.

I am a mother first, so my priorities have always been that way inclined. It broke my heart to drop my son off at day care. I quit my job, lost the benefits and to tell you the truth, I was happy again even though I could not longer go clothe shopping, buy makeup or drive anywhere I choose. I now had to walk everywhere and it was tough. I earnestly started looking for ways to make money.

I started beading, I gave computer lessons from home, I groomed and washed dogs, I started promoting other companies, you name it, I tried it. I now still do pretty much the same. I write articles for a small ammount of money but every cent counts. I am also a fax2email agent. My dream would be to have regular articles I write printed in a magazine or start my own magazine or write a book. Who knows? I have many things that I like to do but I will never work in an office! That is just not my make up. I would rather sacrifice than lose out on bring up my son. Being a mother is my primary job. There is no pay but its worth every second! I have also done data capturing, anything to make extra money that has come my way, I take it like a bull running after the red cloth.

There will be months that I have no work and then suddenly I will have an overload of work coming in. The main thing is that I enjoy what I do even though it does not make me rich.

Another part of my job is cleaning my home and I hate this part of the sacrifice. There are some people who just don't like the office environment. I believe that those who are struggling to enjoy their life and the day to day agony of driving to work should start looking for alternatives. Women in particular struggle to find happiness like I did. Their hearts are for the home, for their children and for their husband.

There are online jobs available, advertise yourself, put yourself out there. You never know what might happen along the way.

No comments: